Sunday, April 22, 2018

Feel Beautiful Today


Hey there, thanks for coming!

I have been practicing my water coloring these days. I struggle, but I love it, so I keep pressing on. I tend to wanna control things and you can't with water. Well, maybe a little, but not much! I used my Colorburst powders to paint this. VERY potent stuff, lol. I put them into empty watercolor pots, like the old "paint by number" we used to get as kids. Then just enough water to make it a liquid.

I stamped and embossed with white embossing powder. This makes it easier for me, as the embossing holds the water in its own section. I add clean water to the image, drop in some of the color, and use another clean brush to pull it out. I did the entire image this way. Then I went back and did it again, using more color and less water, to get it more intense towards the petal centers. I kept at it till I was happy with how it looked. I let them dry thoroughly and then cut out with coordinating dies. 

I used a full cover die plate from my stash but instead of cutting it, I dry embossed it. I applied the entire piece to the front of an A2 sized card base. I then laid out where I wanted the flowers to be. I used foam tape under the flowers to adhere. I tucked in the leaves and added the same way.

I grabbed to different Martha Stewart butterfly punches I have and punched them from gold foil cardstock. I curled the wings a tiny bit and added tiny pearls to the bodies. Used strong liquid adhesive to glue down.

I stamped the sentiment using Juicy ink from Ink On 3 and embossed with Raven embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. I backed it with the same gold foil cardstock and mounted in place.

Finally, I added only three little black crystals from Studio Katia.


I am really happy with how this one turned out! The white embossing powder really pops with the bright orange! And the green leaves, the same. And the tiny bits of black crystals and the sentiment really stand out nicely. 

Here's the products I used on this card.

(Altenew)
(Studio Katia)
(Brutus Monroe)
I'm sure you can find these punches other places or just use what you may already have. It doesn't have to be these. I'm just linking to what I used. I got mine at Michael's. Not sure if they are still available or not. 

Hope you got some inspiration today. Have fun crafting!



No comments :

Post a Comment