Sunday, October 25, 2015

Tim Holtz Crazy Birds...

So...I had my eye an a stamp set for ages and just couldn't get myself to spend that much on one! We were in a local store this weekend and they have tons of Tim Holtz products. And they had the Crazy Bird stamp set. My hubby said get it and I wasn't about to argue! I LOVE them and boy are they fun to play with.

I have neglected my Copic markers lately and really wanted to use them with these. So, since I've never colored these stamps before, I launched Pinterest for some ideas. I found this layout, loved it, and totally lifted it! 

Hope you like my card. I don't usually acknowledge my stuff as any good....I know, everyone tells me....but I will admit on this one, it came out pretty nice!


I am totally in love with wood grain papers right now! Any color any style. these looked cute against that paler color. I mounted them with foam squares.


This is the first time I've ever done any masking as well. I stamped each bird on a separate mask and fussy cut them out. So, first I stamped the front bird. Added the mask over it and stamped the one on the left. Add the mask to that one and stamped the red bird. Applied the mask over that and then stamped the last bird. How fun when you pull off all the masks! It's like Christmas morning....so fun! Then I set about to color each of them. I added Glossy Accents to the eyes and a few sequins. 
Stamped and embossed a sentiment with white embossing powder. One foam square on the right side and the left side is direct to paper.


Love these little guys and will deff be using them much more! I ordered the coordinating "things" set that goes with them. Then can make them for any occasion.

There you have it. A fun card and I learned...well, tried....a new technique for the first time. So fun, now I want to mask off everything! 

Get out your supplies and have fun! Go for something new. Stretch yourself. Learn something new.
Happy Crafting!


No comments :

Post a Comment