Friday, October 16, 2015

Funky Fall Pumpkin Boxes...

Hey guys, I've got a post today for Fleurette Bloom Design Team. Last year Fleurette designed these cute funky style pumpkin boxes. Never got to make them, so pulled up the file this year. I think they are pretty cool...something different!

I pulled out some patterned papers from my stash, it is last years, at least! Anyway, I liked the kind of grungy look of the oranges and purples. I used foam dimension tape to add the panels to the boxes. My only regret, looking at it now, is that the white foam tape shows...sad face. Wish I had had black on hand, but I don't. 


Here's a pic of all three boxes together. I pulled out some Halloween stamp sets I have and thought this big "BOO" would look cute. Then I cut some bats from a Fleurette file and used other bling, twine, and sequins.


I like the bit of sparkle from the sequins and hard to see, but added black liquid pearls for the eyes on the bats.


If you look close, you might see the eyes on these bats. Glued on a flair button on top of the twine ribbon.


I kept the tops to black papers so the stems and leaves would show off nicely. I tied twine around all the stems and crinkled up the leaves and rubbed ink on them. I curled up the tiny strips and glued those as well. Ugh....that white foam...I think I'll try to see if I can get the tiny tip of a black marker in there to hide it better. Why do we find these things after we're all done and taking the pics?! Learn from my error...have black and white foam adhesives, lol.

Anyway, these were fun to make. Here's what I used on these boxes.


So, there you have it. Something a little different for your fall season. Get out your toys and make up something fun! Happy Crafting!


No comments :

Post a Comment