Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy Birthday....

Made this simple card the other day and just now got to posting it. I love how clean it is! I used the "Happy" edge die from Simon Says Stamp and the Wrapped Mailing Label die from them as well. I constructed my element and put it on the the white card base. I LOVED how it looked...but was afraid it was too little on the front. So I cut down the size of the white cardstock and matted it with the aqua. Then that piece I added to the card base. I liked it better.  


I got out my jar of sequins and dots and picked out several that coordinated with the colors of the main element. I scattered them as though they were falling from the top left to the bottom right. I used my glossy accents to adhere them. I felt the corner of the sentiment looked a bit bare, so I cut a small strip of the chevron stripe paper, cut to a point, and used dimensionals to adhere. 


Here's a little closer up so you can see the element a bit better. I hope you like this clean look. I have fun making this card! Why not make an element of your own and then make a very clean and simple card of your own.



3 comments :

  1. AWESOME looking birthday card my friend!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl ~ Oh I ADORE this CAS card! I LOVE the papers you sued and all the element too! FABULOUS as always!

    ReplyDelete