Monday, January 27, 2014

Donut You Know...

I found this cute little donut file in the Fleurette Bloom store and knew right away what I wanted to do with it. I had seen this funny pun once and thought it would fit for this card.


I created a very long and skinny triangle in my Sil software and then filled them with some of the new digital papers by Fleurette Bloom, called Heart's A Flutter. So cute! The I covered a 5 x 7 piece of cardstock. I cut the words as well as a shadow layer for them. Also filled the donut with one of the digi papers. I used foam squares to pop it up, tied some twine, added white gel pen accents and some super cute googly eyes. I ended up trimming the pattern piece to 4.5 x 6.5, matted it on black 4.75 x 6.75, and then layered that on the 5 x 7 card base.

To get the donut center to be a heart, I released the compound path, ungrouped, and got rid of the circle...deleting it. Then I got a simple heart out of the Sil library, and centered it into the donut and then made it a compound path. I then did the same heart as a shadow and put it on the black layer...so it would show through underneath.

I hope you like my take on this cute little donut. Head over to Fleurette's store and check out all the cute stuff!

6 comments :

  1. Love this card Cheryl, it's just so darn cute and creative!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so SWEET! Love it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER SWEET card Cheryl, AWESOME job my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl ~ LOL! I LOVE your paly on words and the cut! I think this is so darn ADORBS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever design with the digi papers...they are beautiful. Love the donut and sentiment! So cute.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete