Sunday, December 16, 2012

Very special birthday...

Made a very special birthday card for a very special lady....my Mother! She is turning 80 and I thought these little candles and this sentiment was too funny!


These stamps were in the latest stamp set from Peach Keen for their stamp of the month club. How cute are these guys?! And I thought the face stamps I chose say it all....for an 80th birthday.


Isn't it cute? I colored them with my Prismacolor colored pencils and Gamsol. If you Google it, you will find lots of videos for instructions. 


I know my Mother will get a kick out of these expressions. She is still very active, doing craft shows of her own. A retired florist, she still does arrangements and goes and sets up several craft shows every year...several times a year! You go Mom!!!


How funny is this little stamp?! I couldn't resist...really, 80 candles on a cake? Heck ya, it would get kinda hot! Wish I could be with her to celebrate, but she knows how much I love her and how proud I am to call her Mom. She's a wonderful example of a Godly woman who has had way too much loss in her life. And yet, her faith has never wavered. Thanks, Mom, for who you raised me to be. I would not be who I am today without loving parents who instilled a solid foundation of faith!


3 comments :

  1. Absolutely thoughtful, heart-warming and stinkin' CUTE!!! Just an all around darling of a card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is sooo ADORABLE Cheryl!great job with your coloring and I LOVE those sweet little candles,just BEAUTIFUL my friend!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...Your Mom will love this card!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete