Sunday, December 9, 2012


And another round of hopping for the 12 days of Christmas! I am loving all the great projects, aren't you?!

So here's what I did for today....a 3D Christmas tree! I started out with a simple cut file for a cone. You could use a file for a party hat or you could even get a styro foam one from the craft store. Then I set out to cutting LOTS of the Stitched Oval Die. Then, just start adding them in rows, and stagger each new row so the points aren't directly over the one below it. As you near the top, you will have to cut them shorter and trim the cut off end to a point or they won't lay very nice. After I got all the way to the top finished, I went back and tucked pieces in where I felt they were needed...where there were gaps. This entire project is just to your satisfaction. I don't know how full is full for you...if you see a spot that needs one, then put one. If you're satisfied then stop. I will say, when I went back to fill in, I had cut each oval in half. You don't need that much length.


After I had it as full as I wanted it, I had to hide the mechanics at the top...it isn't very pretty under there...lol! So I cut one Scallop & Stitched Circle Die. I cut in to just the center and cut one scallop out. Then overlap and glued to make a cone shape. I used hot glue to add it to the top. It looked a bit too open right under there so I used a Martha Stewart punch...the fern looking leaf...and tucked a few around to soften it a bit.


I also stamped and hand cut out some holly leaves and added some red berries right on the top. I think it finished off rather nice!


It needed some ornaments...lol. So, I gathered up some different colors of Stickles and added dots of glitter all around the tree. It really made a sort of dull green tree, come to life a bit. It just brightened it up. You could add bows of twine...which I was going to do, but changed my mind. That would be cute though. Another thing you could do is run each "limb" through a cuttlebug folder if you wanted to, and add texture. How ever you decide to do yours, it will be perfect. You could do traditional as I have, or go funky...which would be super cute too! I hope you like what I've made for you today. Don't forget to keep hopping and see all the other designers projects. Leave comments for an entry into the giveaway!


51 comments :

  1. OMG this is awesome!! I absolutely love it and all the stickles you added to it!! What an awesome idea!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling. I would have never thought to use the oval die in that way! What inspiration.
    kidshomelove at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! This must have taken a long time to create, but it was well worth it. TFS! lflinesatcomcastdotnet

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...love your tree! Lee-Ann :)
    leekubinec@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea and this turned out GORGEOUS!!! Love that you used the die and the added stickles....such a fun touch!
    TFS
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tree is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of work but sooooooooo worth it!

    Thank you for sharing!

    love
    Jannie
    jannie.vanbeelen45@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was dumbfounded when I read that you created your tree with the stitched oval die simply unbelievable Great job and must say you are one creative gal WOW you sure spent hours and AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How unique. I love when you find more then one use for a die. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your tree is fabulous! I love that you used the stitched label die to create this! Awesome! ~hugs, Saundra

    Luvscrappingtogether at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So talented! I really enjoy your creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative your tree looks fabulous will have to try
    Thanks for sharing
    Olivervl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! LOve this tree and the inspiration using Emma's products!

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an AMAZING tree, Cheryl! Unbelievable and so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now there's clever, then there's genius! YOU come in the genius bracket with this smashing tree idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow It looks like it took some time to make this wonderful tree. Great great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You really put alot of work into your tree. It was well worth it the end result is awesome.
    Ogdendoll @gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing use of the stitched oval die. I have that in my collection, but would have never thought to use it as tree fronds. Amazing! Thanks for sharing. slbuller at fullchannel dot net.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cheryl ~ Oh look at this tree ~ EEK!!! I LOVE it and that die!! I am in AWE right now! A party hat and this die is ALL you need to make the most BEAUTIFUL paper tree EVER!! Awesome job and totally CREATIVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful!!! It is the type of project that a non-crafter says oh...that looks easy! Yeah...ok...do it. What a lot of effort went into this great little tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!!! This is soooo pretty!! Soooo creative!!
    reissfam10 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful tree!! Reminds me of the ones you see in the old Christmas videos like Rudolph!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very creative use of the die. tfs
    Evelyn
    evl14512 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great way to use the die, WOW, that is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, very awesome. That must have taken a long time.

    TFS
    Sue
    shannegan 16 @ att . net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your 3D Christmas tree! So cute and creative! TFS!
    tcsobotka at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a clever idea for a sweet little tree...I love it and the top is a perfect touch. So many options for decorating too. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your tree is beautiful, what an awesome project.

    Leslie
    cascrapper at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just love this idea. Beautiful! TFS!

    esterperez73@yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, this tree is really awesome, thanks for sharing and for the idea!!!

    alvinadiaz@msn.com
    alvinascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG...this is so cute!! And to think you just used that one little die and built on it..impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is pretty Awesome! Love the creative use of the oval die for this. Smooches...

    ReplyDelete
  32. everyone on the DT is always coming up with new ways to use Emma's dies this is great thanks
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so cool! love your ornaments!! TFS!

    bdcampers@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous tree--I love it!
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. ADORABLE tree!!! Bet you were tired of die-cutting!!! Looks fabulous though!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cheryl - this is well beyond "nice"! Fantastic, adorable, super-duper-exponentially gorgeous! Again, a "WOW" project! Thank you for sharing your gift of creativity with us so generously!

    ReplyDelete
  37. BEAUTIFUL TREE!!!!! Absolutely love this! It would be amazing as a table decoration!
    Happy Sunday!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazing detail using these dies to create such a lovely Christmas tree.
    http:// blog.NeatThings-Boutique .com
    contact@ NeatThings-Boutique dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your tree. TFS with us.
    shanryx2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a beautiful and fun tree. TFS AJ-


    AJ Scrapbooking & Cards
    jeria22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your tree is beautiful!

    rissaflor atyahoo dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  42. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. That is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a sweet tree. Love all the layering on it.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your tree looks AMAZING Cheryl!GREAT job with it and I LOVE the way you used Emma's die,SO COOL my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Brilliant and unconventional use of a basic die! Endless possibilities!
    rjtlkmorris1atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love this project!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautifully made tree!!

    mzcherub at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your tree is so cute and so inventive I love it:)
    Victoria
    win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I think this tree is just beyond adorable. LOVE It. great details.

    terri_ski at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. The tree is beautiful! TFS!

    esterperez73@yahoo

    ReplyDelete