Monday, March 12, 2018

You're a Gem...

I have another card to share from the new release over at InkOn3. These new products are so darn cute and so fun to play with! I know you're gonna love them as well. So, let's get started. 
There's a bundle price as of this posting, and you are not gonna want to miss out!


So, lets get to my project for today. I knew when I saw this release I wanted to make a slider card. I mean, come on, these guys are just adorable! So I chose the dragons with their noses pointed down a bit and stamped them out using our Blackout ink. This is great ink! Very black, dries VERY fast, doesn't smear and doesn't stain! I then colored them using my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.


I cut a front panel of white card stock and used a stencil from my stash and lightly inked on some pale blue ink. I did a second one the same so when I die cut the slider channel it looked the same below. I used a die from Ellen Hutson to cut my channel. I then positioned the two slider elements from MFT in the channel, added a tiny scrap of cardstock above and below the sliders, and glued using Glossy Accents, and then glued the dragon to the top of that. You have to add the bits of cardstock or the slider elements would fall right out of the channel, as they are smaller. That cardstock holds them from just falling out. 


I then stamped out several of the gems and colored them in gem colors, lol. I cut them out, brushed some sparkle pen over the tops, and coated in Glossy Accents so they looked more real. I "piled" them up using foam tape so it looks like the dragon is diving right in! 
I then positioned the other dragon as if he's curious about what's going on, and used foam tape to  adhere in place. 
I stamped the sentiment into a banner end and added some glitter paper to ground it a bit. I used that same glitter paper to back the front panel. It's a pad I found at Hobby Lobby, I believe.  I added the sentiment with foam tape as well. 

I wanted some "gems" to scatter around but didn't have colors I wanted. So, I pulled out the crystal clear ones and stuck several to a piece of tape to hold in place. I then pulled out alcohol markers in the colors I wanted and colored them. Left them to dry for just a bit. A cool trick if you ever need to know! Works great. 


How fun is this card? He slides right down into a pile of brightly colored gems! And his buddy is checking it all out, lol. I scattered the gems around and glued in place using my Art Glitter Glue. I love that adhesive! I added the glitter paper to the back of the front panel and added the entire piece to an A2 sized card base. I use Neenah 110 pound cardstock. It's nice and heavy. 

So there you have it! What do you think? Cute, huh! It's so fun making him slide up and down. It's one of those style cards that the recipient will get a big smile from. My fellow DT sister, Ilda, is a genius at these kind of cards. She's such an inspiration to me! Check her out, I Love Doing All Things Crafty, is her blog.

To finish this off, I added Glossy Accents to their eyes, and set aside to completely dry. 

I hope you got a bit of inspiration today. Maybe give it a go at an interactive card of your own. They are really fun. For me, it just takes really planning it out and how to make it work. Not really that hard, just takes a bit more thought. And visit Ilda's blog, she has great ideas for you!

Head over to InkOn3 and check out all the new stuff. Get in on the bundle price while you can, it's a HUGE savings! Happy Crafting!



No comments :

Post a Comment