Friday, December 5, 2014

Shaker Christmas Tags...

WOW...am I ever a slacker!!! I have never had a time where I've had no mojo for so long....and really didn't even care, either. Well...I think it's coming back. Just can't come up with any neat ideas, I come up here, sit and play around....and most of it goes in the trash can. Bout to try changing that!

So...I have a set of shaker gift tags for you today. I used files from My Scrap Chick and a few of my stamps. I love all the shaker stuff I see, and thought these could serve as a gift tag and an ornament for later, our for someone to reuse as a tag for someone else. 

I used the tag file and selected different ornaments and cut them out of the center for the window. Use any type of clear acetate to glue to the back to make your "window". Build up a "wall" of foam tape on the back side to hold the sequins. Then adhered the back tag. I decorated the fronts, added a tag, then some ribbon. Each were done in this same fashion. I added some bling on a few, a bit of Stickels glitter, and called them good to go. Hope you like them and try some of your own. 

For each tag, I only used one of the layers....they come with three. I stretched them a bit in each direction to get a size I liked. You could use them as they are but I wanted them a bit wider. The tiny tags attached at the tops are made with a die I have. You could size the tag down REALLY small and do the same thing. Size two layers together though, so they layer nicely.




This tag I used two of the elements in the file. Added them in their proper place using foam squares.


For this one, I stamped a Christmas tree and just cut it out and added with foam squares. Added a bit of tiny pearls for ornaments.


This tag I sized the ornament down a bit and then added it with foam squares on top of the acetate window. You can see the material inside around the edges.


Ho Ho Ho! I used bling for the centers of the "O's". I only used the top layer in this file.


For this tag, I only used the base layer of the candy cane and I flipped one to go the other way, then just made them crisscross a bit.

Here's what you'll need to make these yourself.





3 comments :

  1. They are all BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shaker tags are so cute Cheryl. I hope to give it a try and use on gifts this year.

    ReplyDelete