Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thinking of You...

Today is Thoughtful Thursday. We were to make a card with the theme of Get Well, Thinking of You, Sympathy, or something else along that line. Here is the card I made. Hope you like it.


I love when printing papers at home, they just work perfectly for you! I printed a 6x6 page of papers from Carta Bella's Beautiful Moments. This flower flourish fit perfectly right in the corner...so I used it! It was so pretty as is and couldn't see cutting it up. 


Here is the element I created to go with it. I LOVE how Miss Emma's entire store works so well together. I used several dies, some new and some old....but they go together so great! Miss Emma showed a bit in her video from yesterday how to shorten or lengthen when cutting with her dies. I did that with the open scallop piece in the rust color. I added one more scallop to it to make it just a tad bit longer. I then layered them all together and used dimensional adhesive under the layers.


This picture gives a better look at all the dimension. I also inked the edges a bit to add to the dimension. Added a dark brown pearl to the center of the flower and called this element done!


These sentiments in this set are one of my absolute favorite stamp sets from Emma. I love the font and love the size of the sentiments. They give such a substantial appearance. 

So...here is a list of the products I used to create this card.


I hope you enjoyed my card today. I hope that you will give some of these products a try. Or use what you have to recreate something similar.  Happy Crafting!



9 comments :

  1. Beautiful...love the way you used the dies!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, love the use of the paper and then piecing in MCT elements.
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job Cheryl! I've never printed digital paper, it looks beautiful. I do not like buying ink so I stick to store bought paper hehe. Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Have a FABULOUS day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the font and the sentiments from that set also. I like how you used the beautiful paper and let it be the card and you embellished it a bit. The Chickadee in the corner is sweet too...one of my favorite birds...so happy and energetic! Great card.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your card is so beautiful! I love the colors and you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl ~ Oh this is so BEAUTIFUL!! The flowers and dies look amazing with that paper ~ which I LOVE!!! Awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FANTASTIC job with your pretty card Cheryl!all the deetails are perfect,Have a great weekend my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete