Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Extra Large Love....

Love chocolate? How about extra large chocolate?! How about giving an extra large chocolate bar to your love on Valentine's Day?!
I made this cute card/box that holds a BIG candy bar. I believe it is the 4.4 ounce bar. You can decorate this for any occasion that you want to give some candy.


Isn't this a great way to give a bar of chocolate?! I cut the box on my Eclips machine and put it together. Then I set about to decorate it.  I made a paper rosette....there are tutorials out there if you've never made one. I used the Scallop & Stitched Circle Die for the larger circle on the rosette and a 1 inch circle punch for the smaller. one. I used one of my fave buttons from Liz's Paper Loft and tied it with some jute from her as well. 


Isn't that pretty?! I layered the rosette on one of Emma's tag dies...the one with the scalloped edge. I scored and folded the top over the top edge of the box. 


 I used the Circle Font Stamps for the word LOVE and stamped them on the circle that comes in the Build A Banner Kit. I love how these turn out. Great thinking, Miss Emma! I popped those up on dimensional adhesive.


 And check out what's inside! A BIG 4.4 ounce chocolate bar! I used the Fancy Frame and Die Set for the sentient. I cut another in red and then I cut that in half, top to bottom. I snipped off the bits that would show and used it as a layer for the sentiment. I also popped this up on dimensionals. 


I love the stamps in this new set...Lots of Love Stamp Set! Such pretty fonts and pretty sayings. I love them! Way to go, Emma! 
So, there you have it. A nice little package for a BIG candy bar. Make up a few yourself, to give that special someone on Valentine's Day. I found the 4.4 ounce candy bar at my Walgreen store. I'm sure you won't have trouble finding them. Here is a list of what I used.

Candy Bar Wrapper 
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique 
Paper is from Carta Bella called Devoted



4 comments :

  1. GORGEOUS!! You've "blinged up" the chocolate bar's wrapper immensely! Love how you've showcased Emma's dies AND love the paper (what is it? Stunning). Cheryl - said before, and will say again - you are a creative genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used so many of Emma's supplies on this one project. Also, a box that holds chocolate....what is wrong with that?!??!

    Thanks for sharing your creativity :)

    Bridget
    NermalJuly14@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Cheryl! A gift anybody would LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete