Sunday, January 1, 2012

Layered Hearts Door Hanging....


Designed by
Cheryl Becker

I created this door hanging using files from Valentine Mail Boxes SVG Kit from SVGCuts.com. I created several different sizes and began layering them with dimensional adhesives under each layer. Pulled out my old laces and found one I like to put under the edge of a couple of the layers. I inked all the edges and added some white pearls. For the rosette, I used one of the strips from Rosie's Ribbon Strips SVG Collection. I used the one with the stars, broke it apart, deleted the stars and put in little hearts in their place. Scored in between each scallop, accordion fold, attach ends, and push down to form a rosette. I used my hot glue gun to attach a circle on the back side. It holds the rosette together the best of any adhesive. Added a bit of ribbon under the rosette and at the top for hanging.

5 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the rosette colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so pretty and so sweet. You certainly have a knack for bringing the svgs alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to agree with the other comments this is beautiful, and so detailed and delicate

    http://inmy-craftroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't do much in making things for Valentine's. I'm like the scrooge of Valentine's..haha BUT....I just LOVE LOVE LOVE you wall hanging....this is gorgeous and just enough to maybe change my mind about doing something for Valentines.

    ReplyDelete