This simple tissue box cover is so easy and sure beats the store box! Plus, you can customize it to fit your decor or for any special occasion. Here is how I did it. I use Kleenex brand tissues.
Celtic Card SVG Kit
Celtic Knots and Clovers SVG Collection
1. Cut 2 strips of cardstock 5 inches x 9 inches
2. Score each at 4.5 and 8.75
3. Use strong adhesive and attach narrow tabs to larger sides.
4. Here is the top. There are two pieces.
5. On the larger lid piece, score at 1.5 inches on all sides. Cut on score lines on two opposite sides to form tabs for folding and gluing. As you would for making any lid or box.
6. Cut smaller lid piece from decorative paper. Layer on top of larger lid piece.
7. Cut pieces for the sides of the box from decorative paper. Cut two at 4 inches and two at 4.25 inches. The sides of the tissue box aren't symmetrical, so put the pieces where they fit..
8. Decorate edges of top as desired.
I like to ink edges, add white gel pen, Stickles glitter glue, ribbon, buttons...things like that. Make it your own. This could be fun to make for any occasion. Enjoy!
If there is any problem downloading the top file, please let me know.