Saturday, June 14, 2014

Watercolor Happy Birthday....

So....I used to hate watercolor, till I started playing around with it, and practicing!!! All I ever got out of it was a mess. Now, I am learning to go in layers, drying in between. I am getting a richer coloring, and layers of tones. I think I will def be doing this for awhile!


These balloons were cut using a set of dies from Simon Says Stamp, you can see them here. I used my Distress Inks for coloring these. I smooshed a blob of the colors onto a clear acrylic stamping block, and used my brushes to water it down, and start to add it to my Tim Holtz watercolor paper, found here. I should mention, I stamped the sentiment first off and embossed with white embossing powder. It came from this stamp set, here. And yes, I did cut my stamp apart. Some of you can't imagine doing that, but this way, it is way more versatile. And you can line them back up as they were, and no one will know the dif!


I pulled out some twine from my stash...Doodlebug.... and tied tiny bows at the bottoms of the balloons. I liked how Jennifer McGuire left her balloon tails hang down beyond the edge of the card...so I copied, lol!
I also added several sequins to each balloon. Love that added sparkle they give. I used My Multi Medium Matte and you can find it here.
I used foam tape under the balloons, as it got a bit warped from the water coloring. It helped to keep it flat as well as adding dimension.

Hope you like my card for today! Stop by again some time and see what I've been up to.

Happy crafting!


2 comments :