Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thrifty Thursday...

Today is a segment called Thrifty Thursday. And basically it is using up scraps, re-purposing something, or just using up what you have. So, I picked out a bunch of small cuts of patterned paper I had that I could use up. This is the card I came up with.


 I used the hot air balloon die and started off cutting one full one. Then, for the rest...I cut them, but then cut the basket part off. Leaving only the balloon. Then, I scored them in half and folded. I glued them to each other, making a fan affect. Then I glued that piece to the first cut that still had the basket attached. I tied a little twine bow on it. 


Another view of the balloon. Obviously, this is a tie on or hand delivered card!


I also cut the cartoon clouds and one of the tag dies. Each layer is attached with dimensional adhesives. I also ran the top red layer through the Big Shot using an embossing folder. Added it with dimensionals as well.


The sentiment is stamped on a cut made with the Just Simply Live set. I layered it on a simple rectangle and added it with dimensionals. Glued on a couple sequins as well. 

So...you can do a lot with those small bits of paper left from a larger project. Don't toss them out, use them up! Here's a list of the things I used.



6 comments :

  1. Your card looks FANTASTIC Cheryl, I LOVE the great 3D details on it!!! BEAUTIFUL job my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow your card is unbelievable gosh what a host of awesome ideas. WOW!! Love it all and definitely will be giving this a go as I have all the dies.
    Love what you used for embossing folders. You most definitely are ever so talented and needless to say very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I just love this, Cheryl! The 3-D balloon is adorable, and I love the picket fence look behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really did a fabulous job with all of those scraps Cheryl, just beautiful! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl ~ WOW! The hot air balloon is so vibrant and fun! I LOVE all the dimension and yes this is a hand deliver card! Mine are usually like that! LOL! LOVE the picket fence paper too! Awesome job using the scraps up too! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Goodness...what a wonderful card. The dimension is super and the swirl embossed with the sequins is so pretty. Super job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete